As a Service member, it can be tough keeping track of the risks related to prescription drug misuse and illicit and prohibited drug use including marijuana, CBD and hemp. Too Much to Lose is here to help. Check out these resources for information about how risky drug use can negatively impact you and learn about safe ways to stay mission ready.
If you are looking for a specific resource you don’t see here, just let us know! If you’re a professional, visit our For Professionals page for additional resources.
Explore ways to manage different types of pain you may experience.
- Manage Pain on Your Terms [PDF 608 KB]: Take control of your pain by reading these helpful steps before, during and after medical appointments (size 8.5 x 11).
- Try Non-Drug Pain Management Options [PDF 577 KB]: Learn about the different non-drug pain management options that could help manage your pain as a Service member (size 8.5 x 14).
Prescription Drug Information
Check out these materials for information and tips on prescription drugs, including how to make sure you are disposing of your prescription drugs safely.
- It’s Not Worth the Risk: Get Rid of Unused Prescriptions poster [PDF 233KB]: Learn why it’s not worth the risk to keep extra medication around. Instead, find out how to protect yourself by getting rid of it. (size 8.5×11).
- It’s Not Worth the Risk: Get Rid of Unused Prescriptions fact sheet [PDF 375 KB]: Find more detailed information about why it’s not worth the risk to keep unused prescription drugs (size 8.5 x 11).
Marijuana, CBD & Hemp
Stay up to date on marijuana, CBD and hemp facts by checking out these materials.
- Know the Difference: Marijuana, CBD & Hemp [PDF 1.4MB]: Learn what makes marijuana, CBD and hemp different so that you can protect yourself from prohibited substances. (8.5×14)
- Pause! Is There Hemp in That? [PDF 334KB]: Find out what products contain hemp and how to stay clear of them (size 8.5 x 14).
- What Marijuana Legalization Means for Service Members [PDF 782 KB]: Find out what states have legalized marijuana and what Service members should know of in order to protect their career (size 8.5 x 14).
- View the What Marijuana Legalization Means for Service Members text only version [PDF 437 KB].