If you are stationed in or PCSing to any of the following states this summer, beware that new marijuana legalization laws for medical and/or recreational use will be going into effect:
- New Mexico: June 2021 (Medical and recreational)
- Alabama: June 2021 (Medical)
- Virginia: July 2021 (Medical and recreational)
- Connecticut: July 2021 (Recreational)
- South Dakota: July 2021 (Medical)
For more information on what state marijuana laws are already in place in the U.S., check out the What Marijuana Legalization Means for You infographic. Remember – marijuana is prohibited for Active and Reserve Component members, so steer clear of products that may have marijuana in them to protect your career.